This 4.4 mile (one way) route features predominantly roads and a canal gravel path.
- Start at Riversley Park, Nuneaton.
- Cycle through the park, towards the railway line.
- Walk through the tunnel, leaving Riversley Park.
- Pass Pingles Sports Centre and Stadium on your right.
- Take the road leaving the car park. Head straight on at the traffic lights, crossing Avenue Road.
- Leave the road and join the path into the common.
- Immediately take the right turn into Dunns Close.
- At the end of Dunns Close, turn left onto Caldwell Road.
- Immediately take the right turn onto Triton Road (a short hill).
- At the end of Triton Road, go through the barrier to the Coventry Canal (NCR52) and turn left towards Bedworth and Coventry.
- Continue along the canal to Marston Junction.
- Leave the canal here and take a right turn onto Marston Lane, over the humped bridge (take care on the bridge due to poor visibility to the other side.)
- Continue along Marston Lane (a bit of a hill here), crossing one mini-roundabout, to the end of the road.
- Turn left at the end, joining Leicester Road.
- Continue a short way down Leicester Road to a roundabout. Take the first exit on to Rye Piece Ringway.
- Continue down Rye Piece Ringway (a nice descent followed by a bit of a climb) to a roundabout. Cross the roundabout, second exit.
- Take the first left after the roundabout.
- Continue ahead, into the park where this route ends.
Note: There are restrictions on cycling within the Miners’ Welfare Park itself.